The Black and White Magic!

Monday, April 25, 2011

"Barsaat"
Today morning, while surfing the channel- there was an Old classic movie going on"Barsaat". Amazing movie with some of the best songs in hindi cinema. Not so much keen on watching a movie in the morning, but I knew mom and dad, would love to watch the movie. I didn't change the channel and they heard the evergreen song "jiya bekarar hai". Its the same time dad noticed and asked...is this movie playing and i said yes....and he remarked " hope you won't change the channel now"..I nodded. And they both sat down to watch the movie .the bliss of watching a movie and reminiscing about the golden era. It takes us back to the time...when the times ere different, when life was more simpler and more beautiful. 

For their generations, it is reliving the times again, cause life isn't the same anymore. I could see for sometime, they had travelled back to their younger days. The carefree life they had that time.  I could see dad transfixed to the screen...am sure secretly he must be wishing that I really don't change the channel ( I do at times). Sensing this, I assured him, that I really wouldn't do that. At the same time, mom mentioned, she had watched this movie with a friend of hers. They didn't get the tickets for the particular show...but they managed to view it through the little parting of the curtains in the movie hall. She chuckled like a school girl, Wow! That was quite something for me to view. I wish I had the camera in hand at that time...would have clicked her. I rarely get to see my parents like this, so carefree...It is at these times is that I  notice the child in them, the youthfulness of their yesteryears.

There is something about these black and white movies, they make the actors look so appealing . Infact I  noticed today, the actor Premnath (who would have thought he would look great), he looked quite amazing, rugged. Almost to the effect of I falling in love with him..his character was that of a Casanova. he looked more handsome than Raj kapoor...This is the effect of Black n white, they just make it quite alluring .There's something so ethereal in black and white pictures. Be it a snap or you are watching a black n white movie. The effect is magnificent. They give us a feeling of yesteryears. Probably one of the reasons, why we feel nostalgic about these picture.

Black n white also reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock. movies....(fantastic.movies).....well more on them on a later date. If you do get to watch B/W movies.., you will notice a shift in your mood and if you have older people in your life, then I don't have to say anything........just enjoy watching them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers